Domestic Violence Defense Attorney in Columbia
Aggressively Protecting the Rights & Interests of Our Clients
The accusation of domestic violence can carry serious legal and social repercussions. For this reason it’s important you seek help from an experienced Columbia domestic violence attorney who can effectively obtain a favorable outcome to your case. At The Laubshire Law Firm, LLC, our lawyer is here to build a strong case strategy and guide you throughout this legal process.
For detailed information on how we can resolve your case, call our office at (803) 220-0956 or complete our online contact form.
Domestic violence is a crime in which someone causes, or attempts to cause, physical harm or injury to their own household member.
A “household member” includes:
- A spouse or former spouse
- Persons who have a child in common
- A male and female who are cohabiting or formerly have cohabited
Our lawyer knows from experience that domestic violence accusations are serious and may lead to life-changing outcomes.
As such, we will handle your case with intensity and vigor to better protect you from the following punishments:
- 1st degree domestic violence: Felony punished by a prison sentence of up to 10 years
- 2nd degree domestic violence: Misdemeanor punished by a fine of $2,500 to $5,000 and/or a 3-year prison sentence
- 3rd degree domestic violence: Misdemeanor punished by a fine of $1,000 to $2,500 and/or up to 90 days in jail
More serious domestic violence acts of a “high and aggravated nature” occur under these terms:
- A person commits the offense under the circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life and great bodily injury to the victim results; or
- commits the offense, with or without an accompanying battery and under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, and would reasonably cause a person to fear imminent great bodily injury or death; or
- violates a protection order and, in the process of violating the order, commits domestic violence in the first degree.
Domestic violence of an aggravated nature may be punished with a felony charge and imprisonment for up to 20 years, as well as the loss of your right to carry a firearm. To best prevent such severe consequences, you should retain our well-versed and top-quality defense to advocate on your behalf and fiercely defend your case. For a tough case like yours, you need a tough team like ours.
Don’t wait! Call our office at (803) 220-0956 or complete our online contact form today.
Client TestimonialsSee What People Are Saying
“Professional! Devoted to Clients”- Chris
“Extremely Satisfied”- Michael B.
“Highly recommend”- Smith
Meet Our TeamSee What Sets Us Apart
Available 24/7 By Telephone, Email, & Text
Attorney Laubshire Is a Former Police Officer, Working On the Force For a Decade
Our Defense Lawyers Are Both Former Prosecutors